Rental Handicap Vans and Wheelchair Accessible Rentals
Wheelchair van rentals allow you access to the freedom and independence you need for your life. Whether it is to fill a gap during handicap van repairs, deal with a temporary disability or to try out a wheelchair van to make sure it is right for you, our complete fleet of wheelchair vans is a cost-effective solution for you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most essential wheelchair van rental information so that you can have a successful wheelchair van rental experience.
Handicap Van Rental Process
- Selecting the right wheelchair van rental for your needs
- Reserving your conversion van rental dates
- Providing the necessary driver and insurance information
Selecting the Right Wheelchair Van
There are three general styles of handicap van rentals that we offer our individual and commercial clients. We are continually adding or removing vehicles from our fleet to keep it in the best possible condition for you. The following wheelchair accessible rental vehicles are examples of the handicap vans we keep in our fleet.
- Side-Entry Lowered Floor Minivan-Braun
- Rear-Entry Lowered Floor Minivan-Viewpoint
- “Personal-Use” Raised Roof Full size Van-VMI/Tuscany
- Commercial Wheelchair Van
Information that You will Need to Assess your Fit is as Follows for Your Conversion Van Rental
- How many total passengers will you have?
- Will you need luggage storage?
- How tall is the wheelchair user from the floor to the top of their head while seated in the wheelchair?
Under 53” will fit in any of our vehicles. Over this will require one of our full size vans.
- How wide is the wheelchair from wheel-to-wheel and at the overall widest point?
30” wheel to wheel and 36” overall width will fit all vehicles. Larger chairs will require full size vehicles.
- Is the combined weight of the wheelchair and the wheelchair-user over 750 pounds?
- Is there medical equipment or devices that will require special handling?
We encourage you to think through these questions and give us a call to make sure we can select the right wheelchair rental van for you.
FAQs About VCI Mobility’s Wheelchair Accessible Van Rentals
What kind of condition-age, mileage-are your handicap rental vans?
- Our wheelchair van rentals are in great condition! We clean and maintain them before and after each use and we remove them from the fleet if there is any condition that would impact your safety or enjoyment.
- We remove our vehicles from the fleet at around 50,000 miles so that you will always be driving a comfortable, safe and reliable wheelchair van.
Are the vans easy to use? Will someone show me how?
- Wheelchair van rentals have come a long way as it regards ease of use over the last several years. If you can unlock and open a car door, you can operate the door and ramp.
- Securing the wheelchair occupant is the most challenging aspect of using the handicapped van. To make this work as smoothly as possible for you, we have equipped each van with the best and most easy-to-use wheelchair tie downs available on the market today
- We are here to help. We will show you how to use the handicapped van and wheelchair tie down system so that you are confident in your success with each of our handicap van rentals.
Can I have the wheelchair van delivered?
- Yes! Let us know that you will need delivery and/or pick up and we will give you a rate quote when you make your reservation.
Can I leave my car with you?
- Yes, when you are ready to take home one of our rental handicap vans, you can leave your car in our parking lot.